The landscape and climate of Fredericton and the rest of New Brunswick provide for four seasons of recreational activities.
Within Fredericton you will find endless recreational opportunities.
According to the Fredericton Community Profile guide, created by Ignite Fredericton, an economic development agency, here are some of Fredericton’s recreation highlights:
- Currie Centre – a 139,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art athletic and research facility
- Abony Family Tennis Centre – New Brunswick’s only indoor tennis facility offering six full courts
- Fredericton YMCA – a 58,000sq. ft. new construction featuring lap pool, therapy pool, squash courts, full-service gym, fitness rooms, gymnasium, and child care facilities
- Odell Park- 333 acre public green space with arboretum, playground, cross-country trails, and lodge
- 7 indoor ice skating surfaces and arenas
- 8 local golf courses, including nationally ranked Kingswood golf
- Crabbe Mountain, the Maritimes highest vertical
- Dozens of kilometres of groomed, maintained cross-country ski trails
- 88 km of paved/surface gravel bike paths linking most corners of the city
- Baseball diamonds, basketball and tennis courts located in major residential areas
- Skateboard parks
- Fertile grounds for hunting, fishing, and outdoor adventure.